Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: 1yr ago today ...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_MOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 2002
    Posts
    1,099
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    1yr ago today ...

    about this exact time I found my best friend dead...I had been staying at his house with him for about 4 nights and on the last night we passed out watching a movie around 5am, me on the couch and him in the floor. I woke up about 730 to him snoring and could not go back to sleep so I went and got in the bed, woke up again around 12 and he was sleeping on the couch, snoring away so I went back into the backbedroom to watch the little league world series for a while then went back to the living room around 1 to wake him up and he was laying on the couch dead ...died of a heartattack in his sleep and for so long I couldnt help but blame myself for not waking him up sooner then it might not have happened...I just want everybody to keep Brent Balls family and friends in your prayers, I know Im having a really hard time today

    Brent Cedric Ball --- I miss you brother, theres not a day that goes by that I dont think about you

    12-30-83 to 8-21-07
    "Why so serious?"

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 1yr ago today ...

    You and his family are in my thoughts and prayers today. I know all too well the pain of having to bury a loved one.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  3. #3
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 1yr ago today ...

    in my thoughts and prayers

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_MOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 2002
    Posts
    1,099
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 1yr ago today ...

    I appreciate you guys...We are having a memorial service for him today at 5pm at the grave site...I just talked to his mom a lil while ago and shes having a real hard time today as well as his lil sister, shes like 11 or 12. I know everyone here has lost someone that they truly loved and its real hard sometimes. I remember when I first found him, it took it a lil while to really settle in with me, its like I couldnt believe it really happened. I considered Brent a brother more than I did a friend, anytime we'd introduce one another to somebody we'd always say hey this is my brother Brent, not my friend. We always argued over who was Brent #1, he always had to be #1 so Id let him get by with calling me #2. But we was together almost every single day for 5 or 6 years, we did everything together. Like I said eariler, it was real hard being the one to find him bc I felt like it was my fault and for a little while I had others who wanted to blame me but there was nothing I could have done. I dont wish that anybody would have been in my shoes and had to be the one to find their best friend dead. I hated being the one to go thru that but I also am very grateful that I got to spend his last hours on this earth with him. Its just so crazy, he seemed absolutely fine the night before, ya never would have thought a thing was wrong with him, then to wake up to that seemed so unreal to me for a while. But I appreciate your thoughts and prayers!!
    "Why so serious?"

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_drgnfly3030's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 30th, 2003
    Posts
    262
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 1yr ago today ...

    Blessings to you and his family and friends on this tragic anniversary.
    I understand all too well about sudden deaths and blaming yourself. I've gone through that many a time in my life. Just remember the good times you guys had and that he is in a better place now.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 1yr ago today ...

    Not a big fan of his,but his tribute to his friend was awesome,and it reminds me of what you are going through today amigo

    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3QJse82M6BM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3QJse82M6BM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  7. #7
    Inactive Member rthack71's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 9th, 2007
    Posts
    474
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 1yr ago today ...

    i lost my best friend 6 years ago in a farming accident i think about him everyday .My daughter was born on august 8th i wish he was still here so i could call and tell him but i believe he sees her from heaven.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 1yr ago today ...

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Indian_Dad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not a big fan of his,but his tribute to his friend was awesome,and it reminds me of what you are going through today amigo

    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3QJse82M6BM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3QJse82M6BM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> </div></div>

    Good good song, but sad as it gets. Prayers are with you MOX.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •